CPF ONTARIO VIRTUAL CONFERENCE AND 44th ANNUAL GENERAL MEETING
Theme: Resilience & Inspiration
CPF members and stakeholders from across Ontario will attend the first CPF Ontario Virtual Conference and AGM on Saturday, October 3 and Sunday, October 4, 2020.
Look forward to being inspired by our fantastic line up of workshops to help you bounce back from last year and support you and your kids/students on the path to bilingualism.
CPF Members: Attend the virtual conference for FREE.
Non-Members: Attend the virtual conference for FREE as well. Once registered, non-members are to register to become CPF members. Membership is FREE.
As registration to the conference is free, we do encourage any donations to help us continue to support FSL teachers, parents and students. Any donation is appreciated.
To make a donation, click here.
REGISTER HERE Deadline to register is September 25th, 2020.
UPDATED! Click here for a copy of the Schedule and Workshops.
Saturday, October 3
9:00 a.m. to 10:00 a.m. Opening Address by Denise Massie, CPF Ontario President & Workshop Session
10:00 a.m. to 10:30 a.m. Exhibitor Break
10:30 a.m. to 11:30 a.m. Concurrent Workshop Sessions
11:30 a.m. to 12:00 p.m. Exhibitor Break
Sunday, October 4
9:00 a.m. to 9:50 a.m. Opening Day 2 & Workshop Session
9:50 a.m. to 10:50 a.m. Concurrent Workshop Sessions
10:50 a.m. to 11:00 a.m. Break
11:00 a.m. to 11:30 a.m. Annual General Meeting
11:30 a.m. to 12:00 p.m. Awards Ceremony & Wrap-up Toast
- “Pathways to Bilingual Success” – Our Conference and our FSL Stars. – CPF Ontario has engaged closed to 5,000 youth at our Bilingual Success Conferences, leaving them motivated to stay in French until Grade 12. Students gain an understanding of how bilingualism can boost any career path. The workshop will feature success stories of FSL bilinguals currently working in science, performing arts, business, government and education. Presented by Betty Gormley, Executive Director for Canadian Parents for French (Ontario)
- New Initiatives to Recruit and Retain FSL Teachers! – Learn about the new initiatives that are underway to address the French Second Language (FSL) teacher shortage and ensure that quality FSL programs continue to grow. Our future bilinguals are counting on us! Presented by Sara Mison, Content Developer, Canadian Parents for French (Ontario)
- Connecting, Communicating, Sharing: Supporting Your Child’s Journey in FSL – Gain some insight into some engaging activities and supports that have been used with success in the learn at-home environment. Tips, tricks and tools to assist your children in continuing to learn French as a Second Language will be shared (in links) in an interactive format. Time for questions and answers will be provided at the end of the learning session. Presented by Colette Fraser, FSL Consultant for Sudbury Catholic District School Board
- Virtual Program Ideas for Chapter Volunteers – We have moved into the virtual world! Learn about successful programs that can be easily offered online by Chapter volunteers, parents and educators to support youth learning French. Presented by Rosemary Sutherland, Chapter Development and Outreach Officer, CPF Ontario
- The State of FSL Education in Ontario – Current statistics and trends, The State of French Second Language (FSL) in Ontario, French Immersion program reviews, and the supply and demand of FSL teachers. Presented by Mary Cruden, Advocacy Committee Chair, CPF Ontario and Christine Rees CPF Ontario Board Member
- Discover French Enrichment Opportunities for Your Child – Hear from established bilingual organizations on the different ways your child/children can enrich their FSL journey.
We thank the Government of Canada through the Department of Canadian Heritage for their financial support.