Impromptu Division of Le Concours et festival d’art oratoire 2019
In recent years the paradigm shift in the teaching and learning of French has had an impact on the classroom. The professional discussions taking place across Ontario and nationwide about the action-oriented approach, spontaneous discussions and authentic tasks have been instrumental in the creation of this division in 2017. This division promotes fluency and the ability to speak on the spot.
Tips to Organize Your Event with Tools & Lesson Plans for the Classroom Level
Click HERE for information on:
- How to organize the Concours Impromptu at the classroom and board level
- Multiple resources, tools, and lesson plans (how to prepare activities, audio/cube lesson plans, etc.*)
*Please note that at the provincial Concours in May 2019, students will chose between viewing a photo or a phrase (cube). There will be no option to choose a video.
Click HERE to watch a video of last year’s pilot of the Impromptu Division in the Ottawa-Carleton District School Board
Click on the green title below to register online. Please be advised that a student cannot compete in both the Traditional and the Impromptu Divisions.
STEP 1: SCHOOL BOARD REGISTRATION
STEP 2: SCHOOL BOARD LIST OF FINALISTS
Online submissions must be received by April 2nd, 2019
STEP 3: PARENT/STUDENT REGISTRATION To be available January 2019
For parents/guardians to complete for students moving on to the provincial concours on May 4, 2019, in Toronto. Deadline is April 2, 2019. The decision of the judges is final. No other ranking, comments or feedback will be given to the participants of our event. The judging forms remain the confidential property of CPF Ontario.
Click on the green titles below to access the following information:
- Overview of Impromptu Division
- Rules for Impromptu DivisionView Page
- Prizes for Impromptu Division
- Impromptu Evaluations:
- Important Dates
- Checklist for School Board Contact
Teacher & Parent Information
Click on the green title below to access the following information:
- Information for parents and teachers of students in Festival – Grades 4-8 (morning)
- Information for parents and teachers of students in Concours – Grades 9-12 (afternoon)
- Parking information
- Map of Glendon College
Click here for FAQs
For additional information, please contact Tanzila Mian
E: [email protected] T: 905.366.1012, x 4 or 1.800.667.0594 x 4.