HOW CAN CPF ONTARIO HELP
As a grassroots organization, Canadian Parents for French counts as members thousands of individuals and families working at the community level across Canada. There are CPF branches across the country and within these branches there are Chapters made up of CPF volunteers who are committed to supporting French as a second language.
HELP IN THE CLASSROOM……
- CPF Ontario members are willing volunteers, ready to enhance the learning environment, inside and outside the classroom.
- CPF Ontario Chapters at the community level organize, sponsor and fundraise for French as a second language (FSL) programs and activities, both in and out of school, that enrich the French-language educational experience.
- CPF Ontario is a useful resource for information and research on FSL education in Canada and elsewhere.
HELP IN THE HOME……
- CPF members are convinced and committed supporters of the value of second-language education. You can count on them to promote a positive attitude towards learning French.
- Through their CPF memberships, parents have access to educational books, videos and software that extend the second-language experience into the home.
HELP IN THE COMMUNITY……
- CPF Ontario encourages and promotes a supportive community environment for FSL education.
- CPF Ontario Chapters sponsor or collaborate on extra-curricular cultural, educational and social activates that promote francophone culture in our communities and provide opportunities to use French outside the classroom.
HELP IN THE EDUCATION SYSTEM…
- As a strong supporter of increased FSL instruction in all our schools, CPF Ontario energetically pursues this goal at all levels of government.
- CPF Ontario acts to secure the programs, curricular support, professional development and teacher education that give Ontario children the learning experience they need and deserve.
- CPF works at the national level with the Council of Ministers of Education and with individual ministers and departments at the provincial level.
- CPF organizes national public information campaigns in support of increased FSL education.
You can help by directing parents to CPF Ontario, its programs and its services.
Order free CPF resources including pamphlets and posters using the CPF Ontario Resource Order Form
Ontario Schools offering French Immersion and Extended French Programs, 2014-2015
Every year CPF Ontario runs le concours/festival d’arts oratioire, a French public-speaking event for students from grades 4 to 12. Winners at the grades 11-12 level are eligible to go on to the national concours and could win a scholarship to the University of Ottawa (worth $20,000).
CPF Ontario sponsors French summer camps for its members
For information on FSL funding go to Funding for FSL in Ontario
CPF Ontario maintains a list of French Performers on French Street database
IDÉLLO encourages the flipped classroom approach and helps teachers with lesson planning. Teachers can bookmark their favorites and share customized activities and resources with groups of students. IDÉLLO offers a wide variety of videos, thematic folders, applications, games, teaching tools in French. These resources, which reflect the Franco-Ontarian identity and culture, will enrich the teaching and learning of students in several subjects. IDÉLLO offers teachers the opportunity to find content that matches the level of students, the subject being studied and the style of learning. Equipped with highly refined filters, IDÉLLO’s search engine can target precise concepts, including criteria specific to French as a Second Language (FSL) and gives access to rich and current resources. Teachers will be able to find resources in connection with the curriculum of Ontario through appropriate filters. Website: www.idello.org
A French language learning tool for educators to use in their classroom by TV5 Francolab.ca
Have Fun Learning French with La Francomobile app developed by experts specifically for 7-12 year olds
Book a Webinar for Parents in Your School Community